WebFEATURE has adopted a set of information management guidelines, which serve as the basis for our relationship with our users. These guidelines have been developed with the recognition that Internet technologies are rapidly evolving. Accordingly, guidelines are subject to change. Any such changes will be posted on this page. If the changes represent a material departure from our current practices with respect to the use of personal information, the changes will be posted on this page thirty days prior to taking effect and registered users will be notified via e-mail.
WebFEATURE is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of Web sites to which it may link.
You can peruse WebFEATURE examples without registration, and in that case no information will be gathered, tracked or requested from you.
To scan your own data using WebFEATURE you need to register. Registration requires you to submit the following mandatory information:
- Your e-mail (which is also used to send you results of your scan)
The following optional information may also be submitted during registration
- Your permission to be contacted by WebFEATURE team
- Information on why are you using WebFEATURE
- Feedback and comments for us (e.g. how to improve WebFEATURE)
No cookies will be collected.
WebFEATURE may collect your IP address, for the purpose of performance monitoring and to find users who need better performance and to advise them on possibility download WebFEATURE desktop version and run it themselves.
WebFEATURE will not use IP address logs to track your session or your behavior on our site.
User registration information is stored in WebFEATURE database, under the PW, accessible only to WebFEATURE PI or his/her designee.
Your institution information and your intended usage of WebFEATURE will be used for grant reporting purposes, and for our better understanding of the user population.
We will be sending you announcements of WebFEATURE changes, updates, new releases, related workshops and conferences as well as advice on how to better use WebFEATURE. This will also help you and us to form a WebFEATURE community where you can exchange your experiences and ideas.
If you wish not to be contacted by WebFEATURE team, please send e-mail to WebFEATURE webmaster requesting this change.
We will use your feedback and comments for continuous improvement of WebFEATURE.
WebFEATURE does not share the information it gathers with anyone.
We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to
- Comply with the law or with legal process;
- Protect and defend our rights and property;
- Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of WebFEATURE; or
- Protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
Upon request, WebFEATURE will:
- Correct personal information that you state is erroneous; or
- Permit you to "opt out" of further e-mail contact